Community Futures East Parkland Presents
The 2018 Marketing Plan Challenge
I’m very excited to announce that Community Futures East Parkland have asked me to teach at this years’ Marketing Plan Challenge. Dale Schaub from Business Link and I will both be teaching a full day of FREE marketing training on September 19th at the Lacombe Memorial Centre.
After completing your free training you will have the knowledge required to start your own marketing plan. Participants in the Marketing Plan Challenge will submit their completed plans for the judging panel to review. The first place recipient will receive $5000 towards the implementation of their marketing plan! Second place will receive $2000 and Third will receive $1000. This is a great opportunity to get some marketing insight and to network with other business owners throughout Central Alberta.
Here is a teaser of some of the topics I will be covering in the afternoon portion of our training:
- Overview of taking your business online (The 3 key elements)
- What is a Domain Name?
- What is Web Hosting?
- Options for Website Design
- Internet Statistics and Trends
- Website design requirements to be successful
Search Engine Optimization
- What is SEO
- Statistics on Search Engines
- Determining your target audience
- How to develop SEO ready content
- Introduction to Google Analytics
- Steps to improve your SEO (blogging, content writing, keywords etc.)
- Hiring an “SEO Expert” and what to look for
Social Media Marketing
- Which Social Media accounts to use and why
- Instagram basics (hash tags, content creation, filters etc.)
- Twitter basics (hash tags, forming your message etc.)
- Facebook basics (creating a business page, boosting posts etc.)
- Advertising on Social Media & other platforms
- Frequency of posting & when to post
- Easy to use applications for content creation & managing multiple Social Media accounts
Click here to print and complete the registration form. Seats are limited so act fast!